Social Media Help
Click here for a PowerPoint presentation suggesting good uses of social media to promote pure maple syrup.
Click here to view the Maple Digest.
International Maple Syrup Grading System:
- University of Maine Maple Grading School
- US Standards for Grades of Maple Syrup
- US Standards Revision – Final Notice
- New International Grading System
Maple Awards and Criteria:
- WMSPA Maple Syrup Producer of the Year Award
- WMSPA Honorary Life Member Award
- WMSPA Syrup Judging Criteria
Weather Outlook/Forecast Links:
- West Central WI: www.crh.noaa.gov/mpx
- South East WI: www.crh.noaa.gov/mkx
- South West WI: www.crh.noaa.gov/arx
- North East WI: www.crh.noaa.gov/grb
- North West WI: www.crh.noaa.gov/dlh
- http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/index.php This is a 6-10 day outlook for temperatures & precipitation on a USA map background.
- http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/index.php This is an 8-14 day outlook for temperatures and precipitation on a USA map background.
- http://origin.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/sweaver/cfs_fcst/ This brings up a table of button links; WMSPA members will be most interested in clicking on the buttons in the UPPER RIGHT of each table, labeled in the top row as, “US Prec” & “US sfcT”. The top row will give the most recently produced outlook. Table One is Weeks 1 & 2 and the lower table is Weeks 3 & 4.
- http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/mchen/CFSv2FCST/monthly/ A good one to start looking at in Late Jan. or Early Feb. when March is being shown as Month 2. The buttons to click on this page are in the LOWER LEFT of the first screen, labeled as, “The US Prec Anomaly” & “US T2m Anomaly”.
Miscellaneous Maple Links:
- NY State Maple Confections Notebook – Making Quality Maple Confections & Value Added Workshop
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference – Find nutrient information on over 8,000 foods using their new and improved search feature – search by food item, group, or list to find the nutrient information you need
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation – A voice for farmers – A vision for agriculture
- www.MapleResource.com – All you want to know about Maple and more…
- www.MapleTrader.com – Chat about various maple topics, exchange ideas, as well as post items you want to acquire, trade, or sell
- www.SugarBush.info – The North American Sugar Bush Directory. They list anything the Maple Syrup industry has to offer online, from maple syrup producers in both Canada and the United States, to equipment dealers and producer associations
- www.PureCanadaMaple.com – This is a non-profit website dedicated to assisting with the promotion of maple syrup production. It was put together by The Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers and offers up creative ways to use maple syrup in everyday cooking, as well as detailing some of maple syrup’s little-known health benefits. There are hundreds of creative recipes to download! Learn how to easily substitute maple syrup for other sweeteners in cooking and baking, and more…
Maple Syrup Educational Tools for Teachers & More!! (from mapleresource.com)
State Maple Associations:
- CONNECTICUT Maple Syrup Producer’s Association, Inc.
- MAINE Maple Producer’s Association
- MASSACHUSETTS Maple Producer’s Association
- MICHIGAN Maple Syrup Association
- MINNESOTA Maple Syrup Producer’s Association
- NEW HAMPSHIRE Maple Producer’s Association
- NEW YORK State Maple Producer’s Association, Inc.
- OHIO Maple Producer’s Association
- PENNSYLVANIA Maple Syrup Producer’s Council
- VERMONT Maple Sugar Maker’s Association
- INTERNATIONAL Maple Syrup Institute
- NORTH AMERICAN Maple Syrup Council